First heat stroke death for 2016


It is hard to believe for many, but even in January, a child can die from a heat stroke-hyperthermia. A 13 month old child died after her grandmother left her in her car seat in Walker County, Georgia. The inside car temperature had reached 100 degrees. Young children are extremely vulnerable to hot temperatures. Once the body temperature reaches about 104 degrees, the organs begin to shut down. Death is moments away. The grandmother was arrested and is charged with second degree murder and cruelty to childdren.

The child's name was Shadoe Brazton Pate. The grandmother thought it was okay to leave the child in the car, and occassionally look out the window of her home to check on her. Children can not be left unattended in a car- ever.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

© 2014 by Babyheatstroke.org

Follow Us
  • Google+ Black Round
  • Facebook Black Round