#1 Child dies of baby heat stroke in Miami, Florida.
Miami-Dade Police investigating the scene of a young child forgotten in the back of a car.
On February 28, 2018, according to the Miami news, a 1 year old child died from baby heat stroke (hyperthermia) after a family member forgot he was in the back seat. Authorities are still considering whether to bring charges against the parents.
I am from Miami, and I know this area. On February 28, 2018, the temperature reached a high of 81 degrees at about noon, but we reached a low of 72 degrees. There we're clouds during part of the day (around noon, there were clouds). No matter what the temperature, a child must NEVER be left unattended in a car. The number of child deaths can increase as the temperatures warm up across the country, UNLESS we spread the message that a child should be watched, Never get out of a car without FIRST checking the back seat- it's that simple. Please spread the word. You could save a life.